Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
About Union Aid
Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.
|As per scale
|No. Of Jobs:
|Mazar E Sharif
|Years of Experience:
|Three years working experience in M&E Specially in the Health Sector
|One year - extendable
|Bachelor degree in statistics, public Health, international development, Economics, or related field. Knowledge and understanding of Health project monitoring and evaluation
Union Aid is seeking for a capable Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for Mazar Office for MI project. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating of projects in Mazar-e- Sharif as well as other provinces. As a part of Union Aid Management, the incumbent will be responsible to monitor and evaluate UA projects and learning needs of the projects and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the project. The incumbent will also help organization for strengthening of M&E functions based on his experiences.
- Take a leading role in the preparation of field reports, including data collection, analysis, presentation and knowledge management,
- With the technical advice of Program Manager, prepare and regularly update monitoring formats, and train field staff in their use as required,
- Actively participate in designing questionnaires and facilitate and conduct baseline and other surveys, regular monitoring of field level activities and train field staff in field level monitoring methods at all stages like pre- during and post monitoring of the project activities,
- Supervise regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations,
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way,
- Analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data,
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to project staff,
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to UNION AID standards.
- Participate actively in program planning process and budgeting of the Program Implementation,
- Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects in line with program/project team,
- Plan regular field visits form project activities in all target districts,
- Ensure quality of data collected by project staff,
- Provide feedback to senior staff and program teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings,
- Produce quarterly progress reports based on the annual work plan, with qualitative and evaluative inputs from the various sectors under the project,
- Produce or assist in the production of other internal documents, such as monthly field news, success stories as may be decided upon from time to time,
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Line Manager
Bachelor degree in statistics, public Health, international development, Economics, or related field. Knowledge and understanding of Health project monitoring and evaluation
- At least 2-3 years working experience in M&E Specially in the Health Sector
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organizations.
- Strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organizational, interpersonal relations, and reporting, demonstrated ability to design and prepare monitoring plan and its implementation.
- Proven strategic and operational management ability and inter-personal skills; team player; problem solving skills
- Proven skills in data management, data preservation and other computer programs.
- Good English, Pashto and Dari skills
- Strong report writing and knowledge management skills
Values and Attitudes:
- A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, role and empowerment of local communities.
- Competent to take initiatives, work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines
- Committed and honest in her work, ability to monitor the work of others and report gaps and challenges
Detail oriented person
Responsible, flexible, adaptable, ability to multitask
- Please write the Job title/Vacancy Number on the subject line of your email.
- Aplications received after the closing date will not be considered
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED