Union Aid (UA) was established by a group of Afghan philanthropists and social activists in July 1979 in Peshawar, Pakistan. Union Aid was serving Afghan Refugees and host communities living in/around refugee camps through various projects in three main sectors; health, education and skill development. UA has been providing basic health services through hospitals, Basic Health Units (BHUs), labor rooms, provision of prosthetic limbs and first aid trainings. UA facilitated Afghan Refugees in education sector through providing formal basic and higher education, skill development programs for men and women, literacy centers and scholarships.
Union Aid is actively providing regular support in humanitarian & development sectors such as, Healthcare, Nutrition, Education, Scholarships, Technical Vocational Education Trainings, Family Support Programs, Emergency Response and Support, Livelihoods, Food Security, Shelter, Construction/Rehabilitation of community level infrastructures, Environmental Protection, and WASH. The Union Aid is registered with following clusters:
- Emergency Health Cluster
- Global Shelter Cluster
- Earthquake Cluster
Union Aid envisions a safe and just society where the human beings, regardless of ethnicity, language and religion, have access to equal opportunity from relief and development support and get together for favorable and sustainable living condition.
- To support the most vulnerable segment of the society meet their basic needs and play their role in upbringing of society with equality and justice.
- To support survivors of conflict, meet their basic needs with equality and dignity and provide a helping hand for prosperous and peaceful future.
Nurture, educate and empower the most vulnerable segments of the society to bring peace and prosperity
- To provide preventive and curative health services by establishing, operating and administering medical facilities at various levels.
- To create and maintain livelihood opportunities to improve the living standards of displaced families and host communities through skills development and income generating initiatives.
- To facilitate, support and implement relief services for the population affected by man-made and natural disaster.
- To protect vulnerable women and children exposed to Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Child Labor (CL) by promoting and raising public awareness.
- To promote Human Rights with specific attention to the rights of Refugees, Returnees and IDPs
- To support young generation by providing education opportunities.
Union Aid’s core values represent the organization interactions with target groups, responsiveness to stakeholders and promoting accountability. Union Aid realizes that these values are vital for its future successes.
Sectors we are working on:
- Social Security
- Emergency Response & Relief
- Food Security
- Economic Recovery
Years of Experience