Position: Female Liaison & Reporting Assistant
About Union Aid
Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.
|As per scale
|No. Of Jobs:
|Years of Experience:
|Three years of experience working in and/or effective communication and relations management
|One year - extendable
|Bachelor’s in relevant field
Program / Department Summary
General Position Summary
Implementing programs in the country, Union Aid needs to also extend the capacity for action in the areas of communication, coordination, and relationship, and liaison with the de facto authorities at Kabul and provincial/district levels. The Liaison and Reporting Assistant (LRA) will kick start this capacity development for the staff, providing training to staff in Communication, reporting, and coordination. S/he will in addition coordinate liaison with the central de facto authorities, under the Liaison and Reporting Officer’s leadership and with the support of top-level management.
The LRA will build and maintain an acute awareness of the main actors and dynamics shaping the operating environment in Afghanistan. S/he must be able to work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Union Aid can implement its humanitarian aid programs to reach vulnerable Afghans in our areas of operation and that it maintains constructive relations with the de facto authorities at central and local levels. S/he will offer support to the country program’s team on how to access and execute programs in a legitimate manner that affects program operations in Kabul and in field offices.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Coordination and relations management
- To closely work with the Liaison Reporting officer to learn and understand how new grant introduction letters MoUs are properly documented and reported to the relevant ministries and the Ministry of Economy Government of the Afghan Government and ensure in time process of reports submission.
- Assisting Liaison Officer in the formation, developing, coordination, and signature of MOUs (Memorandum of Understanding), and following up with the relevant governmental administrations for executing and finalizing the MOU draft in a timely manner.
- Effectively and efficiently act between Union Aid and all government relevant line ministries and sectorial departments and communicate organization humanitarian objectives in the absence of the Reporting and Liaison Officer.
- Assist the Liaison Officer to establish an effective communication and formal and legitimate relationship between Union Aid and De-Facto authorities and oversee and coordinate efforts between Union Aid and authorities,
- Supporting the Liaison Officer in keeping a smooth professional relationship with De-Facto authorities and departments, specifically with the Ministry of Economy, and other program-related line departments.
- Assisting the Liaison Officer to follow up on Online reporting Platform requirements, including but not limited to; project registration, Semi-Annual reports, and other official correspondence, in accordance with the office requirements.
- Assisting the Liaison Officer in delivering/ collecting letters/ documents to and from relevant government departments/ Ministries and providing confirmation to the line manager.
- Keep all documentation and files updated, properly filed, and easily accessible for the internal users, scan (a digital record), and upload on the share drive.
- In the absence of Reporting and Liaison Officer participate in relevant government official meetings to represent Union Aid-related activities when deemed necessary and share SMT the result.
- To have the willingness to learn all the Reporting and Liaison activities and provide extensive support and backup to the reporting and liaison Officer.
Communication; Influence & NETWORKING
- Directs the overall flow of information for the organization, in terms of program delivery with de-facto authorities.
- Support the relevant program management/IT department in developing success stories of executed projects.
- Creates and launches targeted marketing/branding campaigns to increase the visibility of humanitarian projects of Union Aid.
- Provide training to the staff on effective communication approaches.
- Assist the Liaison and reporting officer with, developing a communication strategy, including the revision that may require in case of changes in dynamics.
- Provide information on the project’s status to the IT department for the purpose of publication.
- Represents the organization in coordination meetings with relevant organizations as the focal point of contact.
- Take more initiative in compiling government-required reporting information from all fields and closely work with the Liaison Reporting Officer and different departments both program and support in Kabul to ensure reports are submitted to the Ministry of Economy and any other supporting ministry in a timely manner.
- To coordinate with all Field Coordinator’s Finance Program and support coordinators ensuring all required information related to the reporting is received in a timely manner and enabling Liaison Reporting Manager to incorporate them all for final submission to the MoEC.
- To share any reporting challenge or issues with Liaison Reporting Officer so that are taken into higher level discussion to ensure that are resolved and sorted out in time.
- A bachelor’s in relevant field;
- Three years of experience working in and/or effective communication and relations management
- Experience managing humanitarian relief and/or transitional programs in areas affected by conflict and insecurity preferred.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills required, including influencing, negotiation, relations, and reporting;
- Strong management skills with a good understanding of managing international, and cross-cultural teams;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Fluent written and oral communication in English is an advantage.
- A strong understanding of conflict-sensitive program mainstreaming and gender or protection mainstreaming would be an advantage.
- Please write the Job title/Vacancy Number on the subject line of your email.
- Aplications received after the closing date will not be considered
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED