Position: Nutrition Officer
About Union Aid
Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.
- Developing plans of implementation of IMAM at HF levels.
- Assist in training need assessment on nutrition in the catchment’s area of Union Aid.
- Monitor from patient screening through weight for height, BMI and MUAC at HF levels.
- Ensuring that consultation, diagnosis, and treatment of malnourished patients as per the IMAM protocol is done by all HFs.
- Ensuring Preparation and submission of monthly food requests for WFP and quarterly RUTF requests for UNICEF.
- Ensuring that Food commodities under WFP grant and RUTF by UNICEF are received timely and distributed to all target HFs.
- Ensuring that all food stocks at all target HFs are well functional and suitable for storage of food commodities.
- Ensuring that all nutrition related data such as TSFP monthly statistical reports, SAM statistical monthly reports, MIYCN and micronutrients monthly reports are collected and submitted to relevant.
- Keep up to date nutrition data base by entering relevant data on monthly basis and submission of replica to main office.
- Ensure recording of all nutrition related data by maintaining appropriate filing system and nutrition project documents.
- Ensure to attend in all nutrition related coordination meetings at PND, WFP and UNICEF.
- Ensure to provide quarterly presentations or need based presentations on nutrition achievements and status.
- Strengthening the knowledge of IMAM workers regarding the best approach for program coverage
- Conduct regular supportive supervision of the health facilities and CHWs in order to ensure smooth implementation of nutrition projects at HF levels.
- Ensure that adequate IMAM related supplies are available according to caseload estimations for each Food Distribution Program (FDP)
- Coordinate with the Heads of Clinics, CHSs and other stakeholders to ensure outreach activities, referral and follow up is conducted.
- Fulfil any other assignment given by his/her supervisor
|As per scale
|No. Of Jobs:
|Years of Experience:
|Two years as Nutrition Officer with Local or International NGOs
|One year - extendable
|Graduate from reputable medical university
Graduate from reputable medical university
At least two years expereince as Nutrition Officer
Abiity to develop superviion and monitoring plan and gap analysis,
Fluent in Pashto, Dari and English languages
- Please write the Job title/Vacancy Number on the subject line of your email.
- Aplications received after the closing date will not be considered
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED