Position: Finance Officer
About Union Aid
Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.
The Finance and Admin Officer shall directly report to Admin/Finance Manager and support the program Manager in all Finance and admin-related aspects.
- Responsible for overall financial and accounting duties of the project, including maintaining project bank accounts and hawala contracts, petty cash, payments to vendors, staff payroll, tax payments for local purchases and withholdings to the Ministry of Finance, and all other financial and accounting issues.
- Preparing of vouchers and properly recording in the QuickBooks system.
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions.
- Reconciling of daily, monthly and yearly transactions in the QuickBooks.
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Assist in financial management, including management of cash flows and multiple foreign currencies in accordance with donor contracts.
- Review and implement financial policies.
- Review invoices and statements and approve payment
- Maintain checks on financial expenditures and prudent utilization of resources;
- Checking of all expenses according to the approved budget lines.
- Recording financial transactions of the site in primary books of accounts (organization Cashbook and QuickBooks).
- Facilitating the process of salary for the staff as well as processing of their monthly salary payment
- Ensuring final check and verification of financial documents before payment of cash.
- Make sure that all original financial documents are filed and kept in a safe place.
- Make sure the asset (fixed assets and material) of the project is well recorded.
- Manages the bank accounts, cash flow, payroll and payments to vendors
- Works with procurement staff to manage and travel advances, and expense reports,
- Ensure proper filing of documents,
- Assist in prepare monthly cash forecast and cash request,
- To reconcile all taxes, liabilities accounts and to reconcile with the record of tax officer,
- Providing all original vouchers to the internal and external auditors when it is required ,
- To do any other task within the account unit which is assigned by senior accountant/head of Finance,
- Assist in petty cash management, and
- To perform any other tasks requested by line manaer.
- BBA in finance
- Four years practical working experience in finance with local NGOs or International NGOs,
- Professional is using QuickBooks,
- Good written and fluent verbal communication skills in Pashto, Dari and English,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office program and.
- Good communication skills, team work spirit and capability to respond challenging conditions,
- Proactive, persuasive, and ability to work under stress and with deadlines,
- Disciplined, professional, hard-worker,
- Flexible regarding working hours,
- Proactive, persuasive and ability to work under stress and with deadlines.
- Please write the Job title/Vacancy Number on the subject line of your email.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED