Position: Health Coordinator
About Union Aid
Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Health Project Manager and in cooperation with the health authorities, health facility supervisors, staff and beneficiaries, the Health Project Coordinator will be responsible to ensure that Union Aid health program(s) achieve their objectives, improve health outcomes for beneficiaries, are cost effective and sustainable, and conform to Union Aid and Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) policies.
The Health Project Coordinator will be based in Kabul, and will travel to provinces that are covered by the project.
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Years of Experience:||At least 3-4 years’ experience in Public health management with local NGOs or International NGOs specially in BPHS|
|Contract Duration:||One year - extendable|
|Education:||Medical Doctor / Master of Public Health|
- Act according to the organization policies and procedures
- Support the Health Project Manager in the implementation of BPHS technical part
- Responsible for overall management of BPHS technical part (standard service delivery, planning, implementation, supervision, target setting, recording and reporting)
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality among the members of the department.
- Ensure a professional technical atmosphere among the team to develop/identify, implement and supervise the BPHS/MOPH seven components required standard services.
- Follow up and coordinate the implementation of project work plan activities and objectives by different sections.
- Develop plans (supervision of plans, quality improvement) with Health Project Manager and technical staff, supervise the implementation of the plan and give timely feedback.
- Direct supervision of HFs and follow up of Health supervisor performance in field.
- Collect the technical sections activities reports, and achievements and Prepare the project technical reports (monthly, quarterly etc.).
- Ensure active project supplies chain (materials, Pharmaceuticals, HMIS formats) to the health facilities through set channels and regulations.
- Responsible to support technical team and HFs, with providing capability building opportunities and on the job trainings. (trainings, Seminars, presentations, etc.)
- Ensure the implementation of the quality improvement in HFs and its follow up by different sections.
- Responsible for implementation and follow up all BPHS seven components, in HFs based on MoPH and project plan
- Implement the project action plans, made by HQ and MOPH and its follow up.
- Participate in technical meetings and conduct in charge meetings and project feedbacks.
- Participate in all coordination meeting with, PPHD, UN agencies, NGOs, Stakeholders and governmental agencies.
- Take part in technical staff appraisal and performance evaluation.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by line manager.
- Medical Doctor / Master of Public Health
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in Public health management with local NGOs or International NGOs specially in BPHS
- Interpersonal and managerial and conflict resolution skills.
- Good communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto Languages.
- Negotiation skills in multicultural and multilingual environment
- Please write the Job title/Vacancy Number on the subject line of your email.
- Aplications received after the closing date will not be considered
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED