Position: Female Health Officer (HMIS/MNCH)
About Union Aid
Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.
Union Aid will provide health care services in Balkh province in six Basic Health Center (BHCs) in line with BPHS structure under the guidance and supervision of the Health Project Manager and in cooperation with the health authorities, health facility supervisors, staff and beneficiaries, the Health Officer ( HMIS /MNCH) will be responsible to ensure that Union Aid health program achieve its objectives, improve health outcomes for beneficiaries, are cost effective and sustainable, and conform to Union Aid and Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) policies.
The Health Officer will be based in Balkh (Mazar E Sharif), and will travel to field in Balkh that are covered by the project.
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|City:||Balkh (Mazar E Sharif)|
|Years of Experience:||Three years|
|Contract Duration:||One year - extendable|
|Education:||Graduated From Recognize Medical University|
Union Aid is seeking for a Health Officer ( HMIS/ MNCH) who will support Health Project in Data entry, Data analysis, be expert on the DHIS2 and supervise health facilities in Balkh province. His/her duties primarily revolve around the general management of direct reports, which include, but are not limited to, providing, and demonstrating task instructions and measuring key performance indicators. He/she will be expected to keep records and produce reports that will be used to review team performance.
- Ensure overall supervision and participation for implementation of health project activities at field level and BHCs,
- Maintain close collaboration with all relevant line departments / stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of project,
- Supervise and monitor the stock movements (e.g. medicine, recording and reporting tools etc.) between the project office and the health centers,
- Guide the health staff towards their performance and minimize their technical errors if any,
- Prepare procurement request forms in consultation with relevant project and health staff for timely purchases to avoid stock ruptures,
- Develop supervisory checklists on each component of BPHS for proper evaluation and assessment of basic health care related activities inside the field/BHCs,
- Train and guide project health staff, health committee/shuras members on public health related subjects to update their knowledge,
- Prepare monthly HMIS’ (Health Management Information System), data collection, interpretation, analysis and send feedback to the BHCs,
- Visit and Monitor all BHCs on regular basis to look after the activities, note compliances, make decisions over the technical aspects and reporting thereof to the management,
- Maintain close coordination with target communities,
- Participate in health cluster and coordination meetings,
- Support management and HR for hiring paramedic/health staff,
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly health reports based on HMIS, set project indicators, BHCs activities for target communities,
- Review and benchmark the existing baseline need assessment conducted by the donor,
- Ensure to implement of annual, quarterly and monthly planning along with budgets according to overall project work plan and budget,
- Monitor project interventions in the field periodically through compliance, field visits, participate in the periodic community meetings and manage community conflicts for the smooth functioning of the project,
- Ensure the project activities are implemented according to the needs and rights of the targeted communities,
- Establish and facilitate the accountability and feedback mechanism among the target communities for the project interventions,
- Coordinate and consult with the project top management and the field team regarding the project implementation and guidelines for effective project execution,
- Coordinate and consult Executive Director and Executive team before taking any decision,
- Participate in meetings and workshops,
- Develop a good liaison with staff members and ensure to work in close coordination with Executive Director, Program Manager, Project Manager and Project Coordinator at all level,
- Coordinate and facilitate field visits of Union Aid’s management and national and international delegations from donor agencies, national and international NGOs etc. Support and coordinate for establishing linkages between communities and Government Line Agencies,
- Prepare periodic narrative and statistical reports, presentations and case studies in relation to project activities for the management, donors and relevant stakeholders,
- Provide information, material, document and prepare reports as and when required by Union Aid,
- Evaluate the team members’ performances,
- Mentoring, team building and conflict resolution of team members,
- Make in liaison and ensure that organizational Policies and Procedures are practicing at Programmed level. Also to support top management by ensuring that SOPs are practiced at organizational level,
- As per organizational policies, with support and supervision of Health Project Manager and in close coordination with Health Project Coordinator, manage and monitor all procedures related to financial management and procurement at the project office level,
- Being a team leader at the project unit, manage all administrative jobs pertinent to program support, office, staff, vehicles, residence and ware house/store management.
- Graduated From Recognize Medical University,
- At least 3 years of proven experience of working with NGOs, UN in implementation of BPHS project,
- Effective communication skills with fluency in English Persian and Pashto,
- Strong building relationship skills with MoPH , PPHD and health project implication organizer and stakeholders,
- High communication skills to establish relationship with body coordination’s,
- Good in report writing and required computer skills (MS office) Proficient in Microsoft Office program,
- Team work spirit, disciplined, hard worker and capability to respond challenging conditions,
- Being flexible regarding working hours,
- Willingness to travel to the site areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- Three years of experience working in and/or effective communication and relations management
- Experience managing humanitarian relief and/or transitional programs in areas affected by conflict and insecurity preferred.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills required, including influencing, negotiation, relations, and reporting;
- Strong management skills with a good understanding of managing international, and cross-cultural teams;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Fluent written and oral communication in English is an advantage.
- A strong understanding of conflict-sensitive program mainstreaming and gender or protection mainstreaming would be an advantage.