Position: Female Psychosocial Counselor
About Union Aid
Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.Union Aid is a non-governmental organisation, registered under Societies Act 1860 in 2012. Union Aid was established by Dr. Toryalay Nassery and initiated its activities in health sector after its establishment in 1979 that formally commenced from 1980 with the prior permission from Ministry of SAFRON, Government of Pakistan. Union Aid is actively providing health care services, education, scholarships, vocational training and family support programs.
The MHPSS Counselor as part of the primary healthcare services will be providing mental health and psychosocial support services to individuals and communities, referral services, offering counseling, psychological support, and mental health education to address the emotional well-being of beneficiaries.
|As per scale
|No. Of Jobs:
|Years of Experience:
|Two years experience in similar position
|Social sciences or BS psychology
- Conduct psychosocial assessments to understand the emotional and psychological needs of clients in the target area.
- Provide individual and group counseling sessions to address trauma, stress, and other mental health issues through door to door in coordination with families, DDA and the community elders
- Develop personalized psychosocial support plans and coping strategies.
- Educate clients and communities about mental health and stress management.
- Conduct mental health awareness sessions and workshops.
- Promote mental health and well-being through community engagement.
- Providing quality and appropriate counseling services to clients referred by doctors.
- Maintaining a continuous record in the registration book (for each visitor) of the supplementary services provided and other counseling sessions.
- Collaborating with doctors in categorizing patients and conducting examinations.
- Working with various sections of the health center, such as vaccination, maternal and child health, etc., to improve health services.
- Actively participating in health education sessions.
- Generating monthly reports on all activities within the relevant department.
- Ensuring proper hygiene and reasonable use of equipment and resources.
- Collaborating with Community Health Workers (CHWs) to enhance the range of activities.
- Having sufficient knowledge about the Basic Package of Health Services for Afghanistan and implementing them in practice.
- Routine and systematic registration and record-keeping of client cases.
- Achieving targeted objectives.
- Performing other duties assigned by the relevant supervisor or institution's authorities.
- BA social sciences or BS psychology
- Two years experience in similar position
- Strength in interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours
- Ability to work under pressure
- Cooperative and helpful attitude and willingness to work outside normal business hours as needed
- Received psychosocial standard training as per MOPH standard policy (Having of verified certificate from MoPH)
- Please write the Job title/Vacancy Number on the subject line of your email.
- Aplications received after the closing date will not be considered
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED